For the custom paper box, the paper printed box is usually made of 4 kinds of paperboards. The SBS paperboard is white color inside and outside, which is widely used for the cosmetic paper boxes. The CUK, also refered to as SUS, is white color outside and kraft brown color inside, which is widely used for the beer carriers, beer cartons, beverage paper boxes. The kraft paperboard is kraft brown color inside and otuside， which is used to make the kraft paper box and corrugated printed box. The CCNB paperboard is white color outside and grey color inside.
Paperboard Thickness and Grammage Conversion Table
In China, the thickness of the paperboard is measured in milimeters, while point is used in USA, which is abbreviated to pt. The fomulas below can be used for the conversion of the 2 units.
1 inch =25.4mm = 1000 pt.
1 pt = 0.0254mm
For example, 60pt=60*0.0254mm=1.524mm. The 60pt chipboard in USA refers to the 1.5mm greyboard in China, which is very ideal for the small rigid paper boxes. When you need a strong rigid box, 80pt chipboard can be used, which is 2mm thick greyboard in China.
– 标准厚度(mm) – 标准厚度(mm)
10PT = 0.254mm 11PT = 0.279mm
12PT = 0.305mm 13PT = 0.330mm
14 PT = 0.356mm 15PT = 0.381mm
16 PT = 0.406mm=342gsm 17PT = 0.432mm=350gsm
18 PT = 0.456mm=361gsm 20 PT = 0.508mm=381gsm
20 PT = 0.508mm=381gsm 21 PT = 0.533mm=400gsm
22 PT = 0.559mm=420gsm 24 PT = 0.610mm=454gsm
26 PT = 0.660mm=488gsm 27 PT = 0.686mm=513gsm
28 PT = 0.711mm=0.711gsm
Below is the paper details used at DE Printed Box.
|白卡纸，单铜(SBS C1S)||双铜纸(SBS C2S)||哑粉纸,铜版纸(Art Paper)||双胶纸(Woodfree Paper)|
|SBS C1S（白卡)PT/GSM Comparison Table||SBS C2S(双铜)PT/GSM Comparison Table|
|灰底白板(Duplex Board with Grey Back)||白底白板(Duplex Board with White Back)|
Note: 1. The duplex board with grey back is also referred to as the while lined chipboard with greyback, clay coated new back(CCNB).
2. The duplex board with white back is also referred to as the white lined chipboard with white back.
3. The wouldfree paper is also referred to as the offset paper
4. The SBS C1S, C2S is also referred to ivory board or art paper in China. C1S means that the paper is coated on only one side of the paperboard. C2S means that both sides of the paperboard are coated. Ivory paperboard in China usually refers to the SBS C1S. Such papers are used to make the luxury printed paper boxes and cosmetic boxes.
Solid Bleached Sulfate (SBS)
Bleached paperboard or solid bleached sulfate (SBS) is a premium paperboard grade that is white in color. In order to be considered SBS, the finished product contains no more than 20 percent recycled materials. The remaining 80 percent must be composed of freshly-harvested woodchips that are chemically processed and bleached. The bleaching process gives SBS its signature white color, both inside and out.
SBS is used to package everyday products, including food and beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. In order to print marketing and product information on the paperboard packaging’s surface, most SBS is coated with a naturally-occurring mineral called kaolin clay to improve its printing surface. If the packaging is intended for frozen foods or liquids, it may also be coated with a very thin plastic lining for wet strength protection.
Coated Unbleached Kraft Paperboard (CUK)
Similar to SBS, clay natural Kraft (CNK®) or solid unbleached sulfate (SUS®) paperboard (two variations of CUK) contains no more than 20 percent recycled material. However, when the 80 percent freshly-harvested woodchips are processed, they are not bleached and the paperboard’s bottom and inside layers remain the natural brown color.
Although the inner layers are brown in color, unbleached paperboard’s surface is still treated the same as bleached paperboard in order to create a printable and wet-resistant surface.
5. The art paper is also called coated paper.
Shanghai DE Printed Box is a China medium-sized custom paper box manufacturer and packaging solution provider with facilities around 100,000 square meters in total. The company exclusively specializes in the supply and export of the custom paper boxes, including the paper printed box, corrugated printed box, cosmetic paper box, rigid paper box, cardboard gift box and custom paper bag. If you have any questions about the custom paper box, or would like us to give you a price quote, please do not hesitate to contact us by giving us an email.