1. How to describe the soft touch?
It is not an easy thing to describe the fantastic feel of the soft touch finish. Just imagine how you are feeling when you are trying to touch the short-napped velvet, smooth suede, or soft chamois leather, then you will come to understand its great tactile property. There are usually 3 ways to add the soft touch finish to the printed packaging box. They are soft touch laminating, soft touch coating and soft touch paper. In Shanghai DE Printed Box, we adopt the laminating method, because it has the gorgeous soft touch effect while being cost effective.
2. What is soft touch laminating?
For the soft touch laminating, it combines the softness of a rose petal with the strength of the matte laminating. While the process is much the same as the ordinary glossy laminating and matte laminating. What makes it special is the film used — BOPP.
BOPP refers to Bioriented Polypropylene film (BOPP), which is a soft touch textured film wita unique tactile finish and an extra matte look. This is a 1.4 mil matte thermal laminating film. The matte side has an excellent velvet effect as well as a high dyne level to improve the printing quality. This is the first film with tactile properties in history and presents a pleasant and intense velvety effect very similar to the peach skin. It is an exceptional finish for paper boxes in search of a touch distinction. This film is printable, glueable and stampable. It has been widely used in the custom luxury packaging boxes as well as for high-end book covers, packing prototypes, corporate brochures, product branding as well as a variety of other custom graphic solutions.
3. Good points of the soft touch finish
The advantages of the soft touch laminating are listed as below:
- Add a strong velvet effect and luxury feel to the cosmetic boxes and rigid boxes;
- Add a nice and special matte effect;
- Great anti-scuff, anti-scratch property to protect the matte black boxes. The soft touch laminating provides a very good solution to the scratch problem of the matte black boxes due to its great anti-scratch effect.